I've always been a bit suspicious of direct sales but I think having friends selling things I wanted has helped me change my mind on that. If it's a product I want to buy that is well made I'd much rather support a friend if given the choice. Plus the buying whole process is more pleasant when it's folks you like to hang out with anyways. I did kind of used to hate it when I'd get invited to a party of some sort and was pretty sure I didn't want or need anything but wanted to go to support my friend and spend time with them. I'd usually try to find a little something to buy.
It also has helped to see that you can do this without pressuring or guilting friends, I like that a lot. Personally guilt has never been a great motivator for me anyways.
I think if I could have any job it would be working for myself in some kind of crafty endeavor. Perhaps this will be a stepping off point for me to get moving on that with a little help from an established brand. Maybe I'll learn more business skills and more about selling which I'm not sure has ever been my gift.
I know I won't be quitting my day job, so don't think not purchasing is going to deprive me of anything except perhaps more craft supplies which my partner and son would say I have enough of anyways.
I hope to mostly have fun with it and if I can provide a quality product to people who want them anyways, why not? I assure you, I won't encourage you to blow your grocery money on craft supplies and will always give my honest opinion on which things I think are the best items to purchase. I won't pressure you to buy anything but may only ask you to bring a snack or drink to share or pay a materials fee cost.
So I hope it's a win-win for everyone involved.
Here is a link to my shop. They are having a great end of year close out sale right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment